Friday 31 October 2014

FOOOOOD!

Warning: don't read this journal if you're hungry.

I'm the kind of person who hates cooking but loves eating. If you love cooking and have trouble eating everything by yourself... just call me.
In Finland I rarely go to restaurants because Finnish restaurants are way too expensive for my budget. So whenever I get a chance to go to a nice place to eat, I always take pictures! But what happened to me in Tver is that I have tens of pictures of delicous foods I've eaten because I go to a restaurant 1-3 times a week. Why do I eat out so often? Because I'm a horrible cook and they don't have the quick and easy convenience foods in Russia. I don't mind though, because in Russia a delicious dish at a restaurant costs as much as a hamburger meal in Finland.

I have two favourite restaurants here: Niyama and Yakitoriya. These are Japanese restaurants and I'm so happy about them! In Finland we don't really have Japanese restaurants (mostly Chinese) and the ones we have offer pretty much just sushi and some soups. But here? They have everything from Kobe beef to eel topped rice! It's food heaven~! <3 ;w;

They have decorated the restaurant in Japanese style, but there are a few things off. The Japanese signs might be upside down and they have pictures of Yakuza tattoos on the walls... And also this lamp? 豸死? It means insect and death... I always refuse to sit at this table. :D
Russians have weird image of sushi because they always fill them with cheese...
Some sort of dish with liver (maybe, I'm not too sure what I ordered).
Kobe beef! ...why do they put dill in every food in Russia?!? (I don't like it.)
Speaking of Japanese cuisine... I found Japanese Asahi beer and plum wine in the supermarket! I'm so happy! I don't usually like alcoholic drinks, but these two are my weakness... And of course the super spicy Korean instant noodles.
My new weakness is special coffee. Mocca <3
Orange fresh and chocolate coffee with curd pies. :3
Delicious tea made of common sea-buckthorn. In Russia it's very common to order a pot of tea to the table and drink it together with your friends.

We decided to organize a "Russian dinner" with our study group. Everyone prepared / brought some food. Everything was delicious! What a great way to spend a Friday night... :) I stole some of the pictures from Sonja's blog because mine were so bad.

I wasn't too sure I'm going to like the borsh soup when I saw how it's prepared..
But the result was DELICIOUS! Thanks Olesya! ;)
A rare sight.. me cooking! (yeah, for me slicing apples is cooking)
We made apple pie. ^_^

Did I mention that I love sweets? I can never say no to dessert!

Green tea tiramisu~
Chocolate rolls
Me and the girls just wanted cake.. So we went to the store and bought a triple chocolate cake. Yum <3
The smile on my face tells everything... (that's really delicious ice cream!)
I (accidentally) ate it all at once while watching Disney's The Fox and the Hound in Russian.


What I usually eat here is something... not so fancy. Belmenis, instant food, frozen blinis and chicken. Basically anything that doesn't require cooking. ..and I still ruin it.

The great instant foods in Russia. Pour in water and you get mashed potatoes.
Belmenis! I eat so much smetana here... What will I have with my meals after I go back to Finland?
..it's supposed to be Cordon Bleu. My only task was to heat it up, but I burned it in less than 5 minutes. Go me! So yeah, now you know why I rather go to restaurants. :'D
Now it's time for holiday! Already half of our exchange has passed, I can't believe how fast the time flies... But it's not time to sulk over that, it's time for our trip! Me, Paula and Anya are leaving for Kazan today at 11pm! Do svidaniya!

Tatarstan, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment