Wednesday 29 October 2014

Все будет хорошо

Today's song: Митя Фомин - Все будет хорошо (Ла-ла-ла)

I've been so busy that I've completely forgotten to update my blog.. I have to write essay after essay, and I'd still like to have some fun with friends and continue my hobbies. Ugh! So much has been going on that I can't even remember in which order all the things happened, but enjoy the pictures! :D


Philharmony of Tver started it's "musical autumn in Tver" on 1st of October and we went to listen to the opening concert. To be honest I used to hate classical music, but ever since I started to play classical guitar (almost 2 years ago) I strangely started to like classical music... This was my first classical concert and I have to say I loved it.. I pretty much sat there with my eyes closed and just.. listened. It was beautiful and I couldn't help smiling after the concert. <3


On 3rd of August we had excursion day at school and our teacher rented a small bus for us. We speeded (we were actually scared!) to the home museum of Russian poet Spiridon Drozhzhin. It was really nice and cozy little museum and we got free tea and snacks! :D



On 16th of October I got to talk about something very dear to me - Japan! We prepared a presentation and workshop with Japanese people living in Tver and my friend Anya. Anya lent me her yukata, I was sooo happy! I told our audience about stereotypes that are not true. After the presentations people could get their names written in Japanese, fold origamis and make cherry blossom artwork. :)


The warm weather in Tver quickly changed to autumn, and we got our first snow on 16th of October. I was very excited about it because I love winter and I was tired of dodging the big puddles of water on my way to school. The snow lasted for couple of weeks, but now it has melted and we're back to 10 degrees above celsius.

Autumn by Volga.

Every weekend in Tver they have a big market! We went there with Olesya, and already on our way there a woman offered us kittens from her bag (poor kittens.. ;__;). However we were bit too late since all of them were closing already.. But we got to see some nice stalls inside the market hall.


I also attended my first conference in Russian language (III международная конференция «Взаимодействие языков и культур при изучении русского языка как иностранного и других иностранных языков»)! It was painful three hours of not understanding what's going on, and evening wasn't any easier for me. I have some great and super patient Russian friends who keep talking to me in Russian even though I can't understand. I'm really happy to have such friends, but I always feel really tired afterwards because my brain has to process so much. ;__;


The photographer was definitely waiting for the right moment to get this super smart-looking picture of me. (I bet I was trying to decide what to draw next on my sketchbook...)
The truth about me when I talk with my Russian friends in Russian...
Despite the difficulties with language I think I'm slowly starting to adapt to my new environment. I've started to look so much Russian that people constantly mistake me for a Russian, ask me for directions and get surprised when I actually can't understand their questions. "You have the Russian face, I thought you would understand!" is a sentence I heard only couple of weeks ago. Well, I already wrap a Russian scarf around my head when it gets cold, hug bears on the street and play the balalaika... :D

My new love! <3 One private lesson costs 207 rubles and is 1-2 hours long.







No comments:

Post a Comment